Case Study Colloquium
This event is for all staff using the case study teaching method in Business and those leading and supporting the approach. It will be a day of sharing practice with lots of opportunity for discussion!
The guest speaker from the School of Business and Management, Royal Holloway University of London is running an interactive workshop in the morning and the afternoon, a range of experienced staff in Business talk about their approach to Case Study. Throughout the day, we will be building a resource together - the 'Case Study Ideas Collective' that will be distributed to all attendees afterwards.
9:30AM Caffeine, Sugar and Talking!
Ideas Collective Activity
10.00AM Opening & Welcome: Dr Katrina Lawlor
Introducing guest speaker and programme: Dr Roisin Donnelly
[post on #BusPedagogy]
10:15AM Justin O‘Brien interactive workshop:
Best practice in teaching and writing cases
1:15PM Lunch in 5050
1:45PM College of Business Dissemination of Case Study Practice
[10 mins each presenting their approach to case study teaching]
- Donal O’Brien: Using simulations in case studies
- Pat Kenny: How teaching with cases has evolved into simulations in Business and Management
- Tony Buckley: Cross case analysis
- Claire McBride: Teaching with Live Cases in Management
- Siobhan O’Regan, Tara Rooney, Paul Donnelly: Teaching with cases in Accounting & Finance and Marketing
- Tom Cooney: The benefits of writing your own Case Studies
- Roger Sherlock & short video by Eoghan O’Grady: Preparing students for case study competitions
3:15PM Discussion Panel with the speakers: Q&A with the audience
[facilitated by Justin O’Brien]
3:45PM Planning next steps for case study in the College
‘Case Study Ideas Collective’ as an output
4:00PM Close & Thanks!