First Aid Responder Training – PHECC 7th, 12th & 14th of August
First Aid Responder Training – PHECC
Next Course Dates – 7th, 12th & 14th of August
Duration – 3 Days
Refresher Period – 2 Years
First Aid Responder (FAR) Training Course – PHECC Objectives
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Display skills related to the delivery of a first aid response
• Assist in the recovery of people suffering medical emergencies
• Provide adequate cover before emergency services arrive
• Provide first aid in the workplace amongst other environments
• First Aid in the workplace: legal requirements and the role of the First Aider
• Patient Assessment: Primary survey, vital signs, protecting casualties with suspected neck injuries
• Respiratory Emergencies
• Cardiac First Response: The chain of survival calling for an ambulance, starting CPR and using a Defibrillator.
• Wounds and Bleeding: How to deal with blood injuries, how to recognize different types of wounds and how to treat them, minimizing the consequences of internal bleeding.
• Altered levels of consciousness how to treat shock and the recovery position. Treating a casualty with loss of consciousness.
• Musculoskeletal Injuries: treatment of broken bones, sprains, strains, and dislocations.
• Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock: causes and treatment of burns, electric shock & electrocution, poisoning.
An assessment takes place at the end of the third day. There is a practical and theoretical element to the assessment. Participants complete a multiple-choice examination paper and undertake skills assessments. In order to be successful, participants must achieve a mark of 80% or greater in each element of the assessment.
Successful completion of the First Aid Response course leads to certification (ONLY) PHECC. All successful participants will receive a certificate which is valid for two years. Recertification in First Aid Response is required every 2 years.