Giant's Causeway and Game of Thrones® from Dublin with Touring Exhibition (Jul19 - Sep19)
Depart Dublin and discover some of most photogenic locations in Northern Ireland on a Game of Thrones® locations tour and visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Giant’s Causeway.
Only from the 11th of April until the 1st of September: Step inside Westeros and the lands beyond at GAME OF THRONES™: The Touring Exhibition.
Featuring a unique mix of immersive environments, interactives, and multimedia content, this all-new exhibition drops fans into the centre of the Seven Kingdoms with an up-close and personal look at authentic props, costumes and set decorations from the hit HBO® series Game of Thrones®.
Journey down the tunnel-like avenue of intertwined beech trees known as the Dark Hedges, and spend about 10 to 15 minutes at the site where Arya Stark became friends with Gendry and Hot Pie in Game of Thrones®.
Enjoy around 1.5 hours to marvel at the spectacular landscapes at the Giant's Causeway, made up of some 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. It has often been described as the 8th wonder of the world. You will see why once you have visited the place. This is one of the world's greatest natural attractions. According to mythology, Finn built the Causeway as stepping stones to cross the Irish sea in order to battle Benandonner, a Scottish giant. Although a giant himself, when Finn reached Scotland he saw that Benandonner was almost twice his size, and immediately retreated with his rival in pursuit. Finn’s wife disguised him as a baby, and on seeing the child, Benandonner fled home fearing how enormous it’s father must be.
Drive through the Glens of Antrim to go to Belfast. You will spend around 45 minutes of free time to admire the city sights. See the famous Crown bar, Belfast City Hall and its Titanic memorial garden, Big Fish and Albert’s Clock. Finally, you will be back in Dublin by around 07:30 PM to 08:30 PM.
*This tour is independently operated. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO® or anyone associated with Game of Thrones®.
*Please note that all times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather.
What do I need to prepare?
- Using the restrooms before joining the tour is recommended. The first stop of the day would be around 2 hours away. (During the day, there will be rest stops along the way.)
- Bringing a packed lunch is recommended as we do not stop anywhere for lunch. However, we have a rest stop in the morning at a service station where you can buy packed sandwiches and snacks as well.
- Northern Ireland's currency is Pound Sterling but most places accept card payment. Except for food/ drinks and souvenirs, there is no additional costs for the day.
- A printed copy of the ticket is not necessary. You can show it on your phone.
- Comfortable shoes and warm rain-proof clothing recommended.
- Not suitable for children under 12 and people of reduced mobility
- No Alcohol permitted to be consumed on buses
- We have a strict 'on time' policy - please be at departure point 5-10 mins before departure
Outside of Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane,
Parnell Square N, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland