Identification and Management of Alcohol-Related Brain Injury
This half day training is for professionals working in the areas of health or social care and/or addictions/mental health. It will explore the growing needs of people with Alcohol-Related Brain Injury (Wernickes Korsakoffs Syndrome) in Ireland and upskill professionals in the identifcation and management of the condition.
- Become familiar with and understand what is meant by the term Alcohol Related Brain Injury.
- Understand the impact of alcohol on the brain and work towards prevention of Alcohol-Related Brain Injury
- Understand the spectrum of disorders included under the term ARBI
- Become familiar with common signs and symptoms.
- Understand the number of people affected and the impact of this on Irish Society and Healthcare.
- Understand gaps in service provision and begin working towards the adaption of services to meet the needs of this population
- Understand potential for recovery and phases of rehabilitation
Accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland for 4 CPD points and Addiction Counsellors of Ireland for 4 CPD points.