Trade Mission to Ireland - Smart Cities
09:00 - 20:00
Join the Department for International Trade (DIT) London Region and ERDF’s Global Growth Project in a Trade Mission to Dublin, Ireland, and discover new export opportunities in the Smart Cities sector in this important export market for UK products and services.
The Irish Government’s new Capital Investment plan to 2021 aims to provide for major projects in transport, housing, healthcare and climate change. Ireland is the Uk's 5th largest export market. 30% of all imports to Ireland come from the UK.
Low travel costs to Ireland, an English speaking population, good transport links and the same time zone all add to the ease of trading with our neighbours.
Who should apply?
Businesses in the smart infrastructure, technology sector (example: Transportation - with a focus on Autonomous Vehicles; Sensors – noise and air pollution, leak detection; Network Connectivity; AR/VR; Software, etc.)
What are the benefits of participating?
- Opportunities to pitch your products and/or services to Irish partners and stakeholders in the smart infrastructure, technology sector
- Opportunity to attend a smart city forum with partners and stakeholders from across the UK and Ireland
- Networking activities
- 2 nights’ accommodation at designated hotel
When will the trade mission take place?
29 November to 1 December 2017
- London Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises* (SMEs) based in one of 32 London Boroughs or the City of London who have been trading for a minimum of 12 months
- Eligibility will be assessed on the basis of your application
- Priority will be given to companies that do not have a significant commercial presence in this market
*Are you an Independent Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME)?
Your business is defined as an independent ‘small’ or ‘medium’ enterprise if:
- It employs fewer than 250 persons; AND
- Its annual turnover is below €50m (approx. £40m); AND
- Its balance sheet is below €43m (approx. £37m); AND
- Its is not a subsidiary and/or under the control of a larger SME entity (25% threshold)
For further guidance see below link to the EU’s website on SME definition
Please register your interest for this trade mission on this page. We will contact eligible companies to start the formal registration process.
DIT London reserves the right to decline applications.
Registrations close on Sunday 15th October 2017
This trade mission is part-funded by the ERDF’s Global Growth Project.