Birthworkers Trauma Training
10:00 - 17:00
The only training available in Ireland for those supporting pregnant and birthing survivors of child sexual abuse / sexual assault.
With more than 25% of the female population experiencing sexual assault, it is safe to assume that one in four pregnant and birthing women are survivors. Sadly, their unique difficulties are not addressed in current training programmes - which is why this unique course is essential training for all birthworkers.
It addresses issues including:
* How to deal with disclosure.
* What is Child Sexual Abuse?
* What languge to avoid when speaking to survivors.
* Reducing the risks of further trauma.
* Clinical challenges in labour.
* When the midwife / birthworker is also a survivor.
This course will run over two full days, from 9am until 5pm, on DCU's Glasnevin campus.
The number of CEU for this course is 14, and certificates will be awarded upon completion.
Spaces are strictly limited.