Design for Persuasion: The Science of Persuasion, Influence & Habit Change
10:00 - 18:00
Everyone is in the business of persuasion.
And in the business of persuasion, the science of persuasion/influence and the power of habits is often overlooked.
We are always looking for new sensical ways to improve our business in any way possible.
Following our very successful first time running a full day workshop in June, we are delighted to be putting on another public* full day workshop.
This workshop teaches you the “battle-tested” methods we have used and with clients in successfully growing or helping to start their organisations.
Book your ticket now as places are limited and will go on a first come first served basis.
During this workshop you will learn how to utilize various techniques derived from Behaviour Science/Behaviour Economics, Neuroscience, Psychology, Cognitive Behaviour and nudges among others to augment the complete experience of using design to improve pricing, marketing and the sales process in a transparent and consistent manner.
We will take you through the crafts, principles and mechanisms used by some of the most successful companies and give you the tools you need to apply them.
Why you should attend this workshop?
If you have an online or offline business, applying this knowledge will aid in
· increasing conversion,
· frequency of transactions,
· transaction value per sale,
· lifetime value and brand-building of your business.
Learn the secrets of prosperous organisations and create your own game plan.
This intensive workshop is focused on online businesses and will cover a variety of persuasion techniques used by a spectrum of organisations such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, travel sites such as Booked.com and sticky apps such as Uber have baked into their business model such as:
· social proof,
· referrals, price comparison,
· triggers, and many many more.
Find out how these techniques influence the dopamine, serotonin and other brain hormones and how to trigger behaviours and habits.
Who is this for?
· CEOs striving to reconstruct their existing businesses.
· Entrepreneurs who want their business to take off and surpass their competitors’ performance.
· Marketers seeking to improve the entire sales funnel by adopting a persuasive “mind of the customer” user-centric approach
· UX designers who want to improve the conversion rate of e-commerce sites or build membership by creating a persuasive experience
· Project managers interested in building online businesses that engage users
· Software engineers who want to integrate “soft skills” into their projects by utilizing psychology, behaviour science, neuroscience, sociability, and design
· Newcomers to design who are looking to expand their knowledge of the industry
· ANYONE who wants to set up his/her own online business, product, or service
What will you learn?
At the workshop you will learn about the leading techniques in Psychology, Behaviour Science, Marketing, Neuroscience by Nobel Prize Winners such as Kahneman (Thinking fast, Thinking Slow), Amos, Thaler (Nudge) , Schelling, Cialdani, Ariely, Levine, Weinschenk, Fogg, Eyal and numerous others.
We will show how companies such as Netflix, Amazon, Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Microsoft etc have built their business model around these principles to build successful, profitable and sustainable business models.
Places are limited as we want to keep class size to be small enough to make this a deep learning experience.
We would encourage you to bring your team so that you can ensure consistent & rapid implementation of these techniques in your business and company culture.
The aim is to be practical and hands-on. During the event you will get a chance to apply these techniques to an actual business.
* Please note that this is an at a special introductory price so at a special reduced rate.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
"I had the pleasure of attending Manoj's talk at DCU on Startups….. He is articulate, easy to listen to. It is rare for someone to give such actionable advice"
Aran Joyce: Digital Marketing Consultant ICO Advisor.
"I have been fortunate enough to attend a few of Manoj's talks, events and workshops.
His style is interactive, engaging and fun.
His talk on "Persuasive Design" is a good example. He had the audience very engaged, laughing and excited with his "Moo" triggers.
He is knowledgeable, experienced and brings a wealth of practical know-how.
He demonstrated some fantastic techniques. His events are almost always full.
He creates an "Aha" moment in every event. The audience always gets some very useful actionable takeaways.
If you have the chance to attend one of his talks, take it and go.
An event not to be missed.
If you are organising an event, make sure to include him on your list of speakers. His talks are always very interesting.
Jean Jose Garcia Molina: Owens & Minor Global Services
"I recommend Manoj for his soft skills especially when it comes to explain technology and product architecture to beginners…… he delivered to an audience of startup and corporate people, everybody really enjoyed the full day course."
Kevin Loaec: Managing Director Chainsmiths
About the Speaker.
Manoj Chawla MA ACMA FRSA.
Manoj graduated from Trinity College and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. (https://www.thersa.org/).
He has held senior and “C” level positions in companies such as ICI, Diageo, PWC, Accenture where he has held positions such as Chief Information Architect: VP Service Evolution, GM Business Transformation & Innovation, BD Director, Partnership & Innovation.
He has built partnerships with companies such as Microsoft, HP, Oracle, IBM and for clients such as Marks and Spencer, GE, British Gas and been responsible for building some of the most successful ventures and projects in those companies and their clients.
At BT he was awarded the largest prize ever given for his “New Idea”
Startups have included the world’s first zero touch telco, the first online estate agency, online clinical trials and building once of the fastest growing student social networks.
About the Venue
The Fiztwilliam Hotel is one of Dublin's leading 5 star hotels. Located at St Stephen's Green right by the Luas stop at the top of Grafton Street and adajacent to St Stephen Green's Shopping Centre. Paid Parking is available at the Shopping Centre/Back of the Hotel.
Can I update my registration information?
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
18 Years Plus.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Paid Parking is avaiable at St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.
The venue is right opposite the Luas Stop
What can I bring into the event?
We would suggest you bring a notebook and pen paper to make your own notes.
Paper and Pencil is always the best way to make notes.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
you can contact the organiser on firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
100% refund is available if you cancel 30 days before.
Please take a few moments to read all the following information carefully:
1. We recommend you arrive and take your seat at least 10 minutes in advance of the advertised start time as we aim to start and end on time.
Come early and network with the other participants.
2. We will have your name on the door but we suggest you keep bring your eventbrite booking to speed up the check-in process..
3. We film, photograph and (sometimes) live-stream most of our events. By attending this event you accept that you may appear in our photo/video as a member of the audience and by booking you are accepting our terms.
4. If you need help with access please let us know as soon as possible. We generally pick locations that are access friendly.
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Are you an event organizer?
The event will be recommended to interested users.
Interested on this event?
Are you an event organizer?
The event will be recommended to interested users.