Design for Persuasion: The Science of Persuasion, Influence & Habit Change
10:00 - 18:00
Every business or organisation is in the business of Persuasion or Influencing. You are either trying to persuade your customers to buy your product of service or have the user use your service do something or change behaviour.
Every Successful Businesses such as IKEA, Amazon, Netflix, Facebook, Google, have taken time to develop their business design so that their Persuasion Model is a well-honed machine.
Each successful business has a unique Persuasion model appropriate to its business/industry and segment. It is a matter of competitive advantage and part of their secret sauce.
Think of how your visit to the supermarket is “designed” in terms of layout from flowers at the entrance to put you in a good mood to milk at the end to make you go through the supermarket to encourage you to buy “bargains” and the chocolates and impulse purchases at the till at the end.
Find out how these techniques influence the dopamine, serotonin and other brain hormones and how to they trigger behaviours and habits and you can get mindshare for your business.
Online businesses such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and travel sites such as Booking.com and sticky apps such as Uber use a variety of persuasion techniques that are baked into their business model such as:
· social proof,
· referrals, price comparison,
· triggers, and many many more.
These are not used at random but have been designed or evolved through trial and error to be sequenced in the most effective manner.
Its not about using as many techniques but using the right ones in the right sequence and time that gets the most effective result.
Using FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is pointless unless the customer is already primed and ready to buy or act.
Every potential customer starts a customer journey such that the “marketing” and “sales” functions work together like hands clapping. All the elements from finding the right customer, the brand, messaging using email marketing, social media etc are all synchronised and follow a step by step process.
From creating interest, trust and demand to removing friction to closing the deal are all steps in a customer’s journey.
By using techniques from Behaviour Science/Behaviour Economics, Neuroscience, Psychology, Cognitive Behaviour and nudges you can develop a more effective “Persuasion model” be it making your pricing look more attractive or removing friction in the buying process.
Our approach is to give you a palette of techniques and show you the sequencing techniques so that you can build a unique and competitive persuasion model for your business.
Why you should attend this workshop?
If you have an online or offline business, applying this knowledge will allow you to
· increasing conversion,
· frequency of transactions,
· transaction value per sale,
· lifetime value and brand-building of your business.
Who is this for?
· CEOs of existing businesses who need to reinvent their business.
· Entrepreneurs who want their business to take off and beat their competitors.
· Marketers seeking to improve the entire sales funnel by adopting a persuasive “mind of the customer” user-centric approach.
· UX designers who want to improve the conversion rate of e-commerce sites or build membership by creating a persuasive experience
· Project managers interested in building online businesses that engage users
· Software engineers who want to integrate “soft skills” into their projects by utilizing psychology, behaviour science, neuroscience, sociability, and design.
· Newcomers to design who are looking to expand their knowledge of the industry.
· ANYONE who wants to set up his/her own online business, product, or service
What will you learn?
At the workshop you will learn about the leading techniques in Psychology, Behaviour Science, Marketing, Neuroscience by Nobel Prize Winners such as Kahneman (Thinking fast, Thinking Slow), Amos, Thaler (Nudge) , Schelling, Cialdani, Ariely, Levine, Weinschenk, Fogg, Eyal and numerous others.
We will show how companies such as IKEA, Netflix, Amazon, Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Microsoft etc have built their Persuasion model around these principles to build successful, profitable and sustainable business models.
Places are limited as we want to keep class size to be small enough to make this a deep learning experience.
We would encourage you to bring your team so that you can ensure consistent & rapid implementation of these techniques in your business and company culture.
The aim is to be practical and hands-on. During the event you will get a chance to apply these techniques to an actual business.
* Please note that this is an at a special introductory price so at a special reduced rate.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
About the Venue
The Fitzwilliam Hotel is one of Dublin's leading 5-star hotels. Located at St Stephen's Green right by the Luas stop at the top of Grafton Street and adjacent to St Stephen Green's Shopping Centre. Paid Parking is available at the Shopping Centre/Back of the Hotel.
About your instructor
Manoj Chawla MA ACMA FRSA.
Manoj graduated from Trinity College and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. (https://www.thersa.org/).
He has held senior and “C” level positions in companies such as ICI, Diageo, PWC, Accenture where he has held positions such as Chief Information Architect: VP Service Evolution, GM Business Transformation & Innovation, BD Director, Partnership & Innovation.
He has built partnerships with companies such as Microsoft, HP, Oracle, IBM and for clients such as Marks and Spencer, GE, British Gas and been responsible for building some of the most successful ventures and projects in those companies and their clients.
At BT he was awarded the largest prize ever given for his “New Idea”
Startups have included the world’s first zero touch telco, the first online estate agency, online clinical trials and building once of the fastest growing student social networks.
For more information on the event and your instructor, check out our webpage: https://stepbystep.guru/persuasion/
Can I update my registration information?
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
18 Years Plus.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Paid Parking is available at St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.
The venue is right opposite the Luas Stop
What can I bring into the event?
We would suggest you bring a notebook and pen paper to make your own notes.
Paper and Pencil is always the best way to make notes.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
you can contact the organiser on firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
100% refund is available if you cancel 30 days before.
Please take a few moments to read all the following information carefully:
1. We recommend you arrive and take your seat at least 10 minutes in advance of the advertised start time as we aim to start and end on time.
Come early and network with the other participants.
2. We will have your name on the door but we suggest you keep bring your eventbrite booking to speed up the check-in process.
3. We film, photograph and (sometimes) live-stream most of our events. By attending this event you accept that you may appear in our photo/video as a member of the audience and by booking you are accepting our terms.
4. If you need help with access please let us know as soon as possible. We generally pick locations that are access friendly.
5) By attending the event, you are giving your consent to us to use footage image in the promotional material for Easypeasy LTD and any of its partner companies.