Dublin Phase 2 Post-Primary - "An Introduction to HTML & CSS Post-Primary Workshop"
10:30 - 15:30
Phase 2 – An Introduction to HTML & CSS Post-Primary Workshop
This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills, and confidence to:
- Implement HTML & CSS in their classroom.
- For those that are already delivering HTML & CSS, this course will provide a full syllabus to allow teachers to expand their current skills portfolio.
What will be covered?
- How to use Notepad++, Sublime Text 3 & Trinket.
- Understanding how website work.
- Understanding the difference between The Internet & The Web.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP), what is it? what does it do?
- Introduction to HTML & CSS.
- Developing Web pages.
- Syllabus navigation & exploration.
- Exploring useful HTML & CSS websites.
New JC Short Coding Course Specifies – Phase 2
- 2.1 Discuss the basic concepts underlying the internet
- 2.2 Describe how data is transported on the internet and how computers communicate and cooperate through a protocol
- 2.3 Explain how search engines deliver results
- 2.4 Build a website using HTML and CSS to showcase their learning
- 2.5 Explain how computers represent data using 1’s and 0’s
- 2.6 Investigate how drawings and photos are represented in computing devices
- 2.7 Identify a topic or a challenge in computer science that inspires them
- 2.8 Conduct research on the topic/challenge
- 2.9 Present a proposal for discussion and reflect on feedback
- 2.10 Convince their peers that an idea is worthwhile
You will need at laptop on the day!
To get the most from the day you will need to download the following programmes onto your laptop:
Notepad++ & Sublime Text 3 all are available free from HERE