Game of Thrones' Tour from Dublin Including Giant's Causeway Nov18 - Feb 19
06:45 - 20:30
Meet your guide in central Dublin in early morning to start your trek to Northern Ireland where we will take you to some of the most spectacular places in all of Ireland.
Here you will venture into the fantasy world of Game of Thrones as you tour some of Northern Ireland's most memorable filming locations from the hit HBO series. Stop by the Dark Hedges, where you'll have around 10 minutes to stroll beneath the dramatic arched trees, snap photos of the natural wonder, and hear from your guide why it was chosen for the scene of Arya's nail-biting escape from King's Landing.
Then it's along the magnificent Antrim Coast to the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only UNESCO World Heritage site and one of its most visited attractions. Enjoy around 1 hour and 30 minutes to admire the spectacular landscapes, made up of some 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions.
Continue to the picturesque coastal village of Ballintoy, where you'll have around 40 minutes of free time. Hear how Ballintoy Harbour served as the location for Theon Greyjoy's return to the Iron Islands, as well as scenes such as Theon's baptism, Euron's crowning, the burning of bannermen by Stannis/ Melisandre, and the burial of Balon Greyjoy.
The last stop for the Game of Thrones enthusiast is the Cushendun Caves, where Melisandre gave birth to a shadow assassin in front of a shocked Davos Seaworth.
Last stop for the day will be Belfast where you will have the oppertunity to enjoy this unique city and see for yourselve how a city that suffered damage and population decline from the early 1970s as a result of sectarian violence by the IRA and Loyalist paramilitary groups have now turned into a major hub.
Your tour ends back in central Dublin around 8-8.30pm.
What do I need to prepare?
- Using the restrooms before joining the tour is recommended. The first stop of the day would be around 2 hours away. (During the day, there will be rest stops along the way.)
- Bringing a packed lunch is recommended as we do not stop anywhere for lunch. However, we have a rest stop in the morning at a service station where you can buy packed sandwiches and snacks as well.
- Northern Ireland's currency is Pound Sterling but most places accept card payment. Except for food/ drinks and souvenirs, there is no additional costs for the day.
- A printed copy of the ticket is not necessary. You can show it on your phone.
- Comfortable shoes and warm rain-proof clothing recommended.
- Not suitable for children under 12 and people of reduced mobility
- No Alcohol permitted to be consumed on buses
- We have a strict 'on time' policy - please be at departure point 5-10 mins before departure
Outside of Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane
Are you an event organizer?
The event will be recommended to interested users.