An Introduction to Contemporary Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Dublin
10:00 - 16:00
This workshop will provide an introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
What is the workshop about?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is the treatment of choice for depression, anxiety, anger, PTSD, phobias and other psychological challenges. This workshop will give delegates a full introduction to the basics of the approach, key ideas, practical techniques and real-world applications. How does one become a cognitive behavioural therapist? This workshop is not therapy, but it should help everyone who attends to understand how CBT can work for them. The workshop will involve interactive activities and basic self assessments. No one will be expected to talk about their experiences. A key theme will be the importance of techniques which have strong scientific support in relation to helping clients.Education, training and professional recognition in Ireland and the UK will be covered.
Who should attend?
- Health care workers who want to secure a solid foundation in CBT models and techniques, and develop basic skills
- Students who are considering a course or career in therapy and would like to know more about CBT training routes
- Teachers and educators who are involved in delivering psychological support for children and young people
- Human resources professionals who are considering how to strengthen mental health support for employees across their organisation
- GPs and other medical practitioners who are involved in referrals to specialist therapy services
- Charities providing support for young people and adults with mental health challenges
- CBT therapists who would like a refresher in basic CBT techniques and interventions
- Members of the general public who are interested in the mind and mental health
- Non-CBT counsellors and therapists who would like to know more about the CBT approach
A CPD Certificate of Attendance will be available on request.
Practical CBT reserve the right to cancel an event. In those circumstances a full refund will be given. Practical CBT cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred in attending a cancelled event such as, but not limited to, travel or accommodation expenses.