LGBTI+ Awareness Training Offaly Session
10:00 - 16:30
Youth Work Ireland Laois and Youth Work Ireland Midlands are delighted to be given the opportunity by the Department of Children and Youth affairs as part of the LGBTI+ Youth Strategy capacity fund.
LGBTI+ Awareness Training was developed for Teachers, Youth Workers and Volunteers who are looking for more information to support their need.
LGBT Ireland will deliver the training which is outlined below.
LGBT Ireland’s LGBT Awareness Training:
• What are the common issues faced by LGBT+ people?
• LGBTIQ+- what do all the different letter and terms mean?
• What is “heteronormativity” and how does it affect us all, and particularly LGBT+ people?
• Why is it important to be LGBT+ inclusive?
• “Dilemma Scenarios”- exploring everyday dilemmas for LGBT+ people and the people they work and learn with …
• Tips on being and LGBT+ Ally
• What support services exist for LGBT+ people and their families, friends, colleagues, service providers?
Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise Thursday the 6th of December 2018
Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore Wednesday the 12th of December 2018
Both session start at 10am and Finish at 4.30pm
Lunch is Provided
Event is free of charge.
limited space available for each event.
Are you an event organizer?
The event will be recommended to interested users.