Limerick Phase 2 Post-Primary - "An Introduction to HTML & CSS Workshop"
10:30 - 15:00
"An Introduction to HTML & CSS Post-Primary Workshop"
“Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is most important”.
(Gates, 2012: p.1)
This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills and confidence to:
- Implement HTML & CSS in their classroom.
- For those that are already delivering HTML & CSS this course will provide a full syllabus to allow teachers to expand on their current skills portfolio.
What will be covered?
- How to use Notepad++, Sublime Text 3 & Trinket.
- Understanding how website work.
- Understanding the difference between The Internet & The Web.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP), what is it? what does it do?
- Introduction to HTML & CSS.
- Developing Webpages.
- Syllabus navigation & exploration.
- Exploring useful HTML & CSS websites.
- JC Short Coding Course - Roadmap, resources and walk through.
You will need at laptop on the day!
To get the most from the day you will need to download the following programmes onto your laptop:
Notepad++ & Sublime Text 3 all are available free from HERE
Maldron Hotel Limerick
Are you an event organizer?
The event will be recommended to interested users.