LCE Certificate in Practical Ergonomics
09:00 - 17:00
This course is aimed at professionals who need to develop their understanding of, and competence in, the practical application of ergonomics in the workplace, from risk assessment to accident investigation
This 5 day course will give delegates the practical tools and knowledge to assess ergonomic risks – reducing absenteeism due to musculoskeletal disorders and increasing productivity by optimising human performance.
Module 1: Principles of Ergonomics
Module 2: Human Capabilities Physical
Module 3: Human Capabilities Cognitive
Module 4: Human Capabilities Organisational
Module 5: Ergonomic Assessment Tools
Module 6: Ergonomic Assessment Tools
Module 7: Design Interventions for Industry Settings
Module 8: Design Interventions for Office Settings
Module 9: Implementing Improvement Programmes
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Be confident in how they can conduct a simple ergonomics survey
- Be armed with tools and techniques for evaluating the way people work
- Be able to apply ergonomics principles and assimilate these into prevailing policies and procedures
- Understand how to manage risks and realise the reasons that lead to the development of musculoskeletal injuries
- Work as part of an ergonomics improvement team which will safeguard better ergonomics throughout the workplace
- Be qualified as a VDU Assessor in office based work station assessments
Certified by LCE - Ireland's recognised experts in the field of human factors and ergonomics.
Each participant will receive an LCE Certificate of completion awarded on successful completion of course.