River Suir Blueway Kayak Trip: Clonmel to Kilsheelan 20th July 2019
This is a Tipperary Sports Partnership and Canoeing Ireland River Trip for those who have attended one of our Adult Kayaking Course. Discover why the River Suir is such a special place: steeped in history and a haven for wildlife.
The journey from Clonmel to Kilsheelan is a 7km stretch, which takes us a long a beautiful stretch of the River Suir. The Journey will take 2/2.5 hours. Its a great spot to see some of our local wildlife such as otters and kingfishers! On arrival in Kilsheelan we will enjoy our lunch down at Kilsheelan Bridge after the Paddle.
Date: 20th July 2019
Location: Suir Island Car Park to Kilsheelan
Time: 10am to 3pm
On the water: 11am
Off the Water: 1.30pm
Bus: Leaving Kilsheelan at 3pm
Cost: €10 + Booking Fee
What to bring:
- Pack a lunch to bring on the water
- Change of Clothes to leave in Kilsheelan.
- Clothing suitable for on the water.
What we supply:
- All relevant safety equipment: Boat, Paddle, BA, Helmet, Cag, and a Wetsuit (wetsuit is not essential to wear on this trip)
- Guidance by 3 Qualified Canoeing Ireland Instructors.
- Lots of Laughs!!
Transport: Meeting at Suir Car Park Pick up in Kilsheelan at 3pm.
Requirments: To join this trip you must have your L2 Kayak Skills